Become a Member of The Wildlife Society Today!
The Wildlife Society
5410 Grosvenor Lane, Suite 200
Bethesda, MD 20814
Fax: (301) 530-2471.
Certification and Professional Development
Meetings and Conferences
- The Wildlife Professional is a an award-winning quarterly magazine of news and analysis designed to keep today’s wildlife professionals informed about critical advances in wildlife science, conservation, management, and policy. It is available in print and online. See a sample issue.
- The Wildlifer, a monthly membership e-newsletter, provides information on TWS section, chapter, and working group activities, professional meetings, wildlife policy notes, news of TWS members, and updates on TWS membership programs and benefits.
- Wildlife Policy News, published monthly, is an electronic newsletter that tracks major wildlife policy issues, including federal legislation affecting natural resource management.
- Legacy Publications — all issues prior to 2004 of the Wildlife Society Bulletin, Wildlife Monographs, and The Journal of Wildlife Management — are available through the Membership Center. Log in using your membership username and password, then click “My Publications.”
- The Wildlife Society Weekly News Roundup is an e-newsletter that delivers the top science and wildlife-related news stories of the week.
- The Journal of Wildlife Management (JWM), published since 1937, is one of the world’s leading scientific journals covering wildlife science, management, and conservation. JWM is published eight times a year in print and online. Current and all past issues are available electronically to subscribers.
- Wildlife Monographs are single topic, peer-reviewed studies on specific problems and issues in wildlife science, management, and conservation. The series, published since 1958, is available in print and electronic formats and is included with a subscription to JWM.
- The Wildlife Society Bulletin (WSB), a peer-reviewed, scientific publication containing papers related to wildlife management, conservation law enforcement, conservation education, economics, administration, philosophy, ethics, and contemporary resource problems. WSB re-launched as a web-only publication in 2011.
Other Membership Benefits
- Job resources through the Careers Center.
- 25% discount on Wiley scientific books and on Johns Hopkins University Press books. To access coupons and instructions, visit the Membership Center and log in using your membership username and password, then click “My Publications.”
- Savings on auto and home insurance through Liberty Mutual. Mention client #117818.
- Discounts on conferences and scientific publications/journals and books.
- Access to funding for research through our wildlife grants database.
- Opportunities to kick-start your career through internships, assistantships, and temporary jobs.
- Access to TWS membership directory of colleagues and experts in the profession
- A list of wildlife-related online courses to help you continue your education.
Membership Categories and Dues
Note: In the categories listed below, print copies and online access to The Wildlife Professional magazine are available to all residents of North America. Members who reside outside of North America receive online access only.